Saturday 28 March 2015

Comfortably Numb


Last thing I remember, I was a child,
Paddling the cycle on the road.
Carrying my virtue and my passion on my little carrier,
Roaming around the street like a bird in deep blue sky.

Last thing I remember, I was born for mankind
I don't know where I had gone or where I am coming from,
But I do know that these people needed me.
Though ''the people's need'' is not the issue here.
But my life, who lived my life?
I can see people around me, ''lip-sync''
And I can see the portal door.
Gabriel! something remains here
Who was the guy? who lived my life.
But wait:
     Whoever he was, he must fit enough to survive.
Here I am lying helplessly
And watching disorder, disarray, distortion sprouting all around.
God! I am numb; miserably numb!
And my rejection of survival cannot be blame on Darwin and nature,
After all I know, You know and God know; here at this very place
Nothing to be done.
vaguely, I am still numb but Comfortably Numb.

                                                                                                                 -saif ali

2 comments:

  1. 1. Starting with a pinch of nostalgia
    2.followed by a self-introspection
    3. Resulting in forsaking life
    This is the structure used by generations of poets to comprehend life. It only re-affirms the famous lines of Thomas Gray "ignorance is bliss".
    But is it really folly to be wise?
    should one prefer to live in a world of illusion, without knowing what lies beyond their imagination and knowledge..?
    society call those people cowards who chooses to escape in a dream world, who have accepted the fact that "there is no hope", and are lying "comfortably numb".
    Hey! i have no intentions of attempting to solve this argument..because for me also, everything is happening "as expected".
    I don't know which side will win this argument but i sure hope that "Hope will never die" :)

    ReplyDelete